This plugin is meant to help clean and resolve front and back end issues when using instances of jQuery alongside the Mootools libraries.
WHAT IT DOES OUT-OF-THE BOX
– calls jQuery and jQuery UI libraries from the Google CDN (with or without protocol) – but you can do it locally too,
– places jQuery libraries after MooTools calls for perfect compatibility,
– adds the noConflict() code alongside the jQuery library call,
– strips out extra jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins,
– lets you choose jQuery UI basic styling or custom theme.
WHAT YOU CAN TWEAK
– disable MooTools libraries tentatively in the frontend,
– enable or disable the plugin in specific portions of the site, from template to single page,
– use reporting to get feedback on what the plugin engine has done,
– add or remove scripts and stylesheets,
– strip blank lines left by the modifications made to the page,
– prevent some libraries to be stripped out,
– modify the way the engine works by default (do not add or remove noConflict() code…),
Try the new jQuery Easy Profiles for Joomla! 3+ (beta) that allows multiple configurations to work seamlessly for different parts of a site. More information on the website’s owner.