With all retailers, makes your products visible with consumers is very important. If consumers do not know about the presence of your products, you will have no chance to sell products.
When people go to an eCommerce store, they will try to find the products that they are looking for. They probably use the search box, navigation through site menu… If they cannot find products they want, they will leave and you will lose a customer.
So, the website owners should makes their products are easy to find and accessible. This is one of many aspects that can impact user experience, nobody want to spend so much time just for searching a product. In this article, we will talk about how can you improve your site experience and make your products are easy to find.
Website navigation is very important and there are many factors that can impact browsing experience of visitors. In order to improve your navigation, all factors of navigation must be studied and you can “experiment” to find the best way for your site. Here are some ideas that can be useful with you:
- Consider using breadcrumbs which help users know where they are on your site, what store section, category, and subcategory they are.
- Make sure that all main browsing elements like menus, breadcrumb, and search box… have a certain degree of consistency in the position.
- If you have a big store with various types of product and huge number of products, using a mega menu that can help you to arrange your products by the most professional way. With mega menu, visitors can access to any category or subcategory quickly and accuracy.
Search box is indispensable element with all website, especially with ecommerce website. When you are in a store with large catalogue and you want to find a product, search box is where you are expected to see first. So, the search box should be placed in a highly accessible position, where users can catch it easily. And remember that don’t put any similar text boxes nearby the search box because it can make customers distracted and confused. In addition, here are some extra tips to improve searches in your store:
- Using predicting and auto-complete in searches to help users can enter the search keywords quickly. This will bring better experience for users because they don’t have to enter full search terms. Some of extensions like Ajax search, it will display the suggestion results after user enter few letters and they just need to choose from among the most probable options. This will save a lot of time while help users to find the most precise terms for what they are looking for.
- Arrange results on the basis of their relevance with the keywords that users entered, but better if allows user to rearranging them by other criterias like: date of product release, price, etc…
- Bring the better search experience for users by offering searches with filtered. For instance, when users search for “t-shirt”, they will be able to choose displays the results with the filters like color, size, material, etc…
- Make the search results become more attractive with images and descriptions… therefore users can easily find the product that they are looking for.
Purchasing alternatives, recommendations, reminders…
You can improve product findability in a more “passive” way for users. In details, even when customers do not search for some specific products, they are probably to buy the alternative products which they are viewing, the products they have recently viewed, some related products with the product they have just purchased, or the recommended products, etc…
This makes products are more findability because they don’t need to make an “effort” to find what they want, they can easily to find products that they are interested, means that customers have better shopping experience.