Today, creating an ecommerce website to selling products online seem easier than ever, but it’s not always works as effective as desired. There are so many different shopping styles and personalities out there, it would be difficult to ensure that your design will satisfy all of them. So, did you have any plan to personalized your website design for many different shoppers and prepared to convert them to customers at any time? This article will give you some useful hints.
Who are Impulse shoppers?
They are the people who don’t want to see all the product descriptions and dimensions. The informations like images of the products in various colors, lifestyle shots of people using those images, and testimonials or reviews of product, etc… are the things that they want to see.
How to personalize your site’s design for Impulse shoppers?
- Capitalize your design on bright, bold colors, images, fonts, and copy.
- Make your celebrity endorsers visible wherever possible (If you have).
- Impulse shopper doesn’t need anything that might talk him out of the purchase.
- Hide the descriptions behind tabs so that others can find them when needed.
- Make sure that they know how cool they are for buying it because they always want the prestige of owning the product.
Who are Detail-Oriented Shoppers?
Contrary to Impulse shoppers, detail-oriented shopper is people who need to know everything they can about the products before they make a purchase.
How to personalize your site’s design for Detail-Oriented Shoppers?
- Displays all information about product, from sizes and colors to good and bad reviews. Make it clearly and easy to accessible.
- Give them the fully descriptions, the social media proofs, etc… which can help them weigh the pros and the cons easily.
- FAQ pages, suggested links, tutorials, statistics, and any other information should be easily found on every product page.
Who are Hesitant Buyers?
This is the type of shoppers who can be pretty tough to serve. Sometimes, they’ll put a few items in their shopping cart and then abandon. They will probably come back in next day, but to remove all products from their cart. And maybe in a beautiful day, they come and complete their purchase very quick. But almost hesitators likely wait too long and miss out.
How to personalize your site’s design for Hesitant Buyers?
- Create wish list function to to keep those who wait on the hook. That allows hesitant buyers add those items to a wish list and buy them later instead of filling carts and abandoning them.
- Send them the reminder messages or emails to let let them know when those products are on sale.
- Create a timely coupons and discounts that can give them more reasons to move those items from the wish list to the shopping cart.
- Create urgency by using deadlines and limited offers.
Who are Paralyzed Buyers?
An ecommerce site with a lot of choices sounds like a great idea, but beside the pros, the cons of that is too many choices often paralyze buyers. If it’s a people who know exactly what they want to buy, will have no problem. But, the rest will become overwhelmed pretty quickly and move along; they are the people whom we called paralyzed Buyers.
How to personalize your site’s design for Paralyzed Buyers?
- Reduce the choice paralysis problem with plenty of filters.
- Be picky about the products you offer. Make sure they fit your brand and your vision.
- Offer them the filters and suggesting purchases that might fit can also carry you a long way with a paralyzed buyer.
Above, we have mentioned to four types of customers who have different buying styles. But it’s not all; there are many other customers’ types which you have to consider when deciding on website features and design. If you have any other experience, please sharing with us!